Return to In-Person Worship - June 2021
We are following the safety protocols set out by Public Health for Indoor Worship Services.
Under the The Public Health Ordcrs issued on June 15 the Gloria Dei Sanctuary can accommodate 50 worshippers (+4 more COVID safety volunteers). If you plan to attend please pre-register, to avoid disappointment at the door. We do not want to turn anyone away. Please email the office at [email protected] by Thursday preceeding the Sunday you plan to attend. Please let us know how many from your household will be coming.
Before you consider attending,
A. do assess your own level of risk of exposure to the virus, taking into consideration that vulnerable populations are at greater risk for serious illness.
B. Self-screen for COVID-19 here - and if you are experiencing a fever, cough or runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath please stay home.
This is what you can expect as we return to in-person indoor worship in June 2021
1. There will be a registration table where you will requested to:
§ self-screen for COVID
§ sanitize your hands
§ wear a mask if you are 12 years or older and
§ sign-in for contact tracking purposes
2. No congregational singing is allowed during the service. Only authorized soloist(s) are allowed to sing as per the public health order, while maintaining 3 meters distance from others.
3. Presiders, lectors, singers are allowed to take off their masks while at the microphone(s).
4. We need to maintain at least 2 metres physical distance from one another. The pews will be marked with X’s indicating where you can sit. (Household bubbles can sit close together). We need to practice self-discipline and refrain from hugging or hand-shaking.
5. The Communion elements (on Communion Sundays) will be distributed in single-use plastic cups.
6. Please do not share other food and drink with others. Everyone is expected to disperse immediately following the service. I know that we all have a strong urge to connect with friends we we haven’t seen in a long time, however we need to wait a few more weeks when Public Health Orders will ease and allow social gatherings (possibly in July).